Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Learning) has a wide range of video tutorials that provide software training to Lesley faculty, staff and students. You can now create links to tutorials and add them directly in your myLesley course. The steps below will show you how to add Atomic Learning tutorials within another piece of content via the text editor Mashup tool.
Add an Atomic Learning Video Tutorial to a Content Item
1. Navigate to the location in your myLesley course where you would like to add the tutorials. You may wish to edit an existing content item or create a new one by going to the Build Content menu and selecting Item.
2. If you are creating a new Item, give the Item a Name and enter your description or content in the Text area. Then place your cursor where you would like the tutorial link to go.
3. Click on the Mashup tool in the third row of the text editor and select Atomic Learning.
The 'Add link to Atomic Learning' window will open.
4. Enter a name or a few words for the the Link text. This is the link your students will click on to access the tutorial. Then click Submit.
5. The link will be added to your content item as a preview. It will not yet be a clickable link and you will select the tutorials after you have finished creating your content item.
6. Add any additional content or information to your item and then click Submit.
7. Go to your newly created or edited content item and click on the Atomic Learning link you created. Atomic Learning will open in a new window.
8. Use the search features to locate the tutorial(s) you wish to add.
9. Click on the set of tutorials you would like to share. Then select the video tutorials you would like your students to view by clicking in the box next to it or click 'Check All' to select the entire series of videos.
10. Click Preview Selections to review your playlist.
11. Click Submit to save your playlist and add it to your course.
12. Click Close window. Your training playlist will be available in the content item you added it to.
To view the tutorials, simply click the text link you created. Another window will open and you (and your students) can select the video you would like to view. If you would like to edit the set of tutorials, click Edit Playlist and make your changes.