For existing Chalk & Wire students who wish to transfer their content to LiveText, below is a step-by-step guide to complete this process.
1) Visit www.chalkandwire.com/lesley and log in with your credentials.
2) Click the 3-barred menu icon on the left, select Work, then My Coursework.
3) Click on a portfolio that contains material you wish to transfer and select Download As PDF from the list of menu items that appear.
4) The site will start downloading your portfolio into a PDF. Wait until the process has been complete to convert your portfolio into file format.
5) Open the PDF file with Adobe Reader and save a copy of the file to your computer.
6) Log in to www.livetext.com with your LiveText credentials.
7) On your dashboard, click the View All Documents – My Work link located within the Active Documents section.
8) Click on the LiveText portfolio you wish to add your Chalk & Wire content to. (If you have not created a LiveText portfolio, please view this Help page for instructions: http://support.lesley.edu/solution/categories/4000003372/folders/4000012541/articles/4000058674-how-do-i-create-a-portfolio-.)
9) Create a new portfolio page by clicking the green plus button located on the left-hand side next to the Manage Pages button.
10) A message will display stating that there is no content. Click the green plus button on the right next to the “no content” message and select Text and Image from the dropdown menu.
11) Add a section title and then click OK.
12) Once your new section has been created, click the “click here” link next to the “add text and images” message.
13) In the popup window that appears, click File Attachment tab, and click Upload New File.
14) Browse for the Chalk & Wire PDF file you wish to add to your portfolio section and click Save & Finish.
15) You will be brought to your portfolio page where your imported Chalk & Wire portfolio will appear under your Attachments section. You may click the PDF link at any time to open it.
Note: If you wish to upload files that you have added to Chalk & Wire that are not located in any portfolios, visit www.chalkandwire.com/lesley, log in with your credentials, click the 3-barred Menu, click Work then File Library. Search for files you wish to download to your computer and repeat the LiveText uploading process as outlined above.