Once you have created, activated and tested a new Dynamic Form you can then publicize it using a form-specific URL. Common methods for publicizing your form are sharing it via email or posting to the Lesley website or a SharePoint site. You should not publish forms that live in the Sandbox! Forms should only be published from department level organization.
There are two different types of URLs that can be generated.
- URL for Lesley authenticated users. Lesley users will sign-in to Dynamic Forms with their Lesley credentials.
- URL for non-Lesley users. Non-Lesley user will be required to generate an account in Dynamic Forms in order to complete the form.
To generate either URL, follow the steps below:
1. Log into Dynamic Forms.
2. You will be brought to your homepage. If necessary, navigate to the Organization where the form lives.
3. Find the form that you want to publicize.
4. Click on the Action button to the right of the form.
5. Click on Action drop-down and select Url Instructions from the menu.
6. A URL instructions window will pop up. Copy the URL. It will look something like this:
You can close the URL instructions window.
7. Open this free encoding tool: https://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/
8. Paste the form URL from step 6 into the box. Example from above steps:
9. Click on Encode.
10. Copy this new URL. It will look something like this:
Forms for Lesley Authenticated Users:
If you are generating a link for users with Lesley credentials, proceed to Step 11. Reference the PLEASE NOTE section at the end.
Forms for Non-Lesley Users:
If you are generating a link to form that will be completed by non-Lesley users, you now have the form URL that you can publicize. Copy the URL from Step 10 above and paste wherever it is you are publishing your form.
11. Open Notepad. Paste the URL from Step 10 above into Notepad. Then paste this URL BEFORE the newly encoded form URL: https://qafederation.ngwebsolutions.com/idp/startSSO.ping?PartnerSpId=IdpLesleyLDAP&TargetResource=
Here is an example of what the new URL would look like using the examples above.
12. Copy this new long URL and paste wherever it is you are publishing your form.
PLEASE NOTE: If your form is going to be using Lesley credentials, along with the URL prefix, the forms itself needs SSO settings enabled otherwise the emails that form owners and co-signers receive won't include the custom Lesley URL Prefix and they will not be able to access the form.