Accessing Collaborate Ultra
The Tools Area
To access Collaborate Ultra via the Tools area, click on the Tools or Course Tools link in your course menu.
Create a Link to Collaborate Ultra in Your Course Menu
To add a link to Collaborate Ultra on your course menu, click the Add Menu Item button at the top left corner of the course menu.
Create a Link to Collaborate Ultra from a Content Area
Click Submit to save your changes and add the link.
The Course RoomThe Course Room is an open Collaborate session dedicated to your course. This makes it easier for you to use Collaborate Ultra in your courses. It also provides you and your students a convenient launch point for classes or impromptu meetings.
Create a New SessionTo create a new Collaborate Ultra session, navigate to Collaborate Ultra within your course. Click the Create Session (plus sign) button at the top of the page.
You will then be prompted to enter the event details for your session:
- Type a meaningful name for the session. This helps students find the right session.
- Set the date and time the session starts and ends. You can choose to keep a session open or repeat. You can also select if students can enter the session before the start time.
- Type a detailed description of the meeting. This helps students prepare for the session.
- Download recordings
- Share profile pictures
- Use audio, video, chat, and editing tools
- Use their phone for session audio
View Session RecordingsRecord your sessions so that your students can access presentations whenever they need them. Recorded sessions are saved as MP4s. Recordings include audio, any content shared or active speaker video, and the captions entered during the live session.
For more information on recordings, see Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Session Recordings.