Topics in this article include:
OverviewModerators can record a session to view later, send to those unable to attend the session, or save for archival purposes. Recordings capture the audio, video, and any content that is shared during a session. Recordings also capture any real time captions or subtitles available during the session. If there are more than one captions available during the session, the recording will capture only the first one. Recordings do not capture private chat messages, the timer, personal notes, or anything that occurs in a breakout room.
For more information see Record Sessions.
View and Download Recordings
Recorded sessions are saved as MP4s and include audio, any content shared or active speaker video, and the captions entered during the live session.
Please note the following:
- If your session had more than one caption track, only the first available one is captured.
- Only moderators can record sessions.
- Everyone can view the recordings from any device as often as they want. There are no view limits.
- Recordings need to be converted into a playable format before viewing. The first time a recording is accessed the conversion begins. It may take a few minutes but once is has been done the recording can be viewed by everybody.
Note: If you want users to download the recordings, you MUST allow session recording downloads for each session.
To view or download recordings, navigate to myLesley, go to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and select the tool menu.
Select Recordings for a list of all recordings.
Locate your recording and click on the menu button to the right.
This will open a menu.
- Select Watch Now to watch your recording
- Select Download to download your recording
- Select Copy Link to copy the link to send via email or post in myLesley
For more information, see Session Recordings.