TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Create Your Session
- Prepare for Your Session
- Conducting Your Session
- Collaborate Chat Support
Create Your Session
To begin, create your Collaborate Ultra session in your myLesley course or community.
You will then be prompted to enter the event details for your session:
- Type a meaningful name for the session. This helps participants find the right session.
- Set the date and time the session starts and ends. You can choose to keep a session open or repeat. You can also select if participants can enter the session before the start time.
- Provide a detailed description of the meeting. This helps participants prepare for the session
Click Save to save your changes.For detailed instructions, see Schedule a Meeting in myLesley.
Prepare for Your Session
Before you begin, plan out your session:
- Prepare your outline and have it available for reference. Include notes to yourself about the content and the web conferencing tools you will be using.
- If you will be sharing a PowerPoint, build it out in advance.
- Familiarize yourself with Collaborate Ultra. Review documentation and perform a practice session to familiarize yourself with the tools.
- Plan to join your session 15-20 minutes early. This will give you time to set up your audio and video, upload any necessary content (ex PowerPoints), and open any necessary web pages or applications.
Let your participants know what to expect:
- Let participants know well in advance the minimum system requirements and that they will need speakers and a microphone or a phone to participate. Refer them to Collaborate Ultra Getting Started for more information.
- Encourage your participants to view Collaborate Ultra: Attending a Webinar to familiarize themselves with the tool.
- Remind participants to join the session 5-10 minutes early so that they have time to set up their audio and video. Refer them to Collaborate Ultra: Audio and Video Setup for more information.
View the Web Conferencing Event Guidelines for helpful tips to help you prepare for your session.
Conducting Your Session
Navigating Collaborate Ultra
Collaborate Ultra consists of several areas:
- Media Space: The content of the session is displayed here.
- Session Menu: Open to navigate session information and tools.
- Collaborate Panel: Engage with participants and modify your session settings.
For more information see Blackboard Collaborate: Finding Your Way Around.
When you first join a Collaborate session you will be prompted to set up your audio and video.
If you do not set up your audio and video when prompted, you can set up audio and video at any time in My Settings. You may also choose to use your phone for audio. For more information see Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Audio and Video Setup.
You may share content with your participants, including a whiteboard, an application on your computer or your entire screen, or a file. You may also conduct in-session polls or separate out into breakout groups.
To begin, open the Collaborate Panel.
Click the Share Content button at the bottom of the page.
This will open the Share Content area. Select the type of content you wish to share.
Acceptable File Types:
File Types: .ppt, .pptx, .pdf
Image Files: .gif, .jpeg, .png
For more information see Share Content.
The Participants area allows you to view the list of your participants and change a participant's permissions. To access your Participants area, open the Collaborate Panel.
Click the Participants button at the bottom of the page.
To change a participant's status, hover your mouse over the participant's name until the menu button appears. Click the button to open a menu.
Select the action you wish to take: Make moderator, Make presenter, Make captioner, or Remove from session.
For more information see Manage Participants.
Use the Chat area to interact with your participants. To access the Chat area, open the Collaborate Panel.
Click the Chat button at the bottom of the page.
For more information see Use Chat.
Collaborate Chat Support
Blackboard has introduced a new automated chatbot designed to help you troubleshoot common issues while still in your session. You can access the chat support by clicking on the Settings button in the Collaborate Panel.
Once Chat Support opens, select one of the options listed, search the knowledge base, or select other.