Support for Blackboard Instructor App ends on September 30, 2022. Please transition to the new unified Blackboard app for instructors and students.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Instructor App Discontinued September 30, 2022
- About the Blackboard Instructor App
- Install App and Log in
- Navigating the App
- What Works Well in the Blackboard Instructor App?
- What Doesn't Work Well in the Blackboard Instructor App?
- Authentication Errors
Instructor App Discontinued September 30, 2022
The new unified Blackboard app for instructors and students is now available. You’ll get the same modern and intuitive experience in any device, in a single app, with the features Learners and Instructors use the most. Download the unified Blackboard app now!
Support for Blackboard Instructor App ends on September 30, 2022.
About the Blackboard Instructor App
This article focuses on the Blackboard Instructor App. For information on using the Blackboard App for Students, please see Blackboard App for Students (iOS, Android).
Blackboard Instructor enables you to view course content, connect with students in discussions, grade assignments, and more. Please note that Blackboard Instructor shows only the courses where you are enrolled as an instructor, Teaching Assistant, or Course Assistant. For courses were you are enrolled as a student, please use the Blackboard App for Students.
Install App and Log in
- From your device, access the appropriate online store:
- Search for Blackboard Instructor and install the Blackboard Instructor app on your mobile device.
- Once you have installed the app, open it and search for Lesley University.
- Log in with your Lesley credentials. If you are experiencing trouble with your myLesley username and password please go to password.lesley.edu to reset it or contact email@example.com.
For more information see the Quick Start guide.
Navigating the App
Watch the Blackboard Instructor App Tour video tutorial for a detailed look at the Blackboard Instructor app.
Additional features may be found here: Blackboard Instructor Feature Guide.
What Works Well in the Blackboard Instructor App?
- Check Existing Course Content: The Blackboard Instructor App is a great way to quickly check existing course content.
- Create and View Announcements: The Blackboard Instructor app allows you to easily create and view Announcements.
- Read and Respond to Discussions: The Blackboard Instructor app allows you to create, read, and respond to threads in the Discussion Board. However, in order to create new Discussion Forums you will need to access your course via your web browser (on your mobile device or computer).
- Grading: The Blackboard Instructor app allows you to quickly review, provide feedback, and grade assignment submissions as well as view associated rubrics and attachments.
What Doesn't Work Well in the Blackboard Instructor App?
- Create Assignments and Tests: While you may view assignments and tests within the Blackboard Instructor app, you cannot create new Assignments or Tests. Instead, you will need to access the course through your web browser (on your mobile device or computer).
- Blogs, Journals, and Wikis: The Blog, Journal, and Wiki tools are not accessible via the Blackboard Instructor app. You will need to access these tools through your web browser (on your mobile device or computer).
- Kaltura Media: In order to create/upload videos in Kaltura Media, you will need to use your web browser (on your mobile device or computer). Viewing Kaltura Media can be tricky on a mobile device, depending on your browser and privacy settings.
If you experience an authentication error with your Blackboard app you may need to update. To update your app, log out of the Blackboard app, remove "Lesley University" from the school indicator, and re-search for the university.
- In the Blackboard App press the menu icon (3 parallel horizontal lines) in the upper left corner.
- Press Settings.
- Press Log Out. A pop-up will ask if you are sure you want to logout. Press Log Out.
- You will be brought to the login screen. Delete your username. Under "Welcome to Lesley University", click the Change button.
- At the Type Your School's Name prompt, enter Lesley University, and select it from the list.
- Press Web Login to login.
- You will be brought to the Lesley Login page. Enter your Lesley credentials to log in.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article