This article is intended for campus residents and will walk you through registering a browserless devices on our network, such as gaming consoles, streaming devices, eReaders and personal assistants.
If you are trying to connect to the network with a pc, laptop, phone or tablet, please follow the instructions at https://support.lesley.edu/a/solutions/articles/4000151049#hdic
For a full list of supported network services, please visit https://support.lesley.edu/a/solutions/articles/4000146066
Please follow the steps below in order to register your device:
1. Open a web browser on a device that is already connected to Lesley's network and go to https://getconnected.lesley.edu. You will see the site below and should log in with your Lesley username and password. Do you not use your full email address in the username field. If your email is "firstname.lastname@example.org", your username would simply be "firstname123".
Once you log in, you will be brought to the Lesley Network Onboarding page below.
2. Click on Devices in the left hand column. This page will show you a list of all the browserless devices you have registered. Currently there are no devices listed.
3. Click the Add button to begin registering a device. You will be asked to select an Onboarding Template. Please select the appropriate template from the drop-down menu.
Some Examples are:
- Personal Assistants: Alexa, Apple HomePod, Google Assistant, Other
- Streaming Devices: Apple Tv, Amazon Firestick, Roku, SmartTV, Other
- eReaders: Amazon Kindle, Nook, Other
- Game Systems: Playstation, Wii, Xbox, Other
4. Fill out the device registration information in the New Device window and click Save. Your device will now be registered and you can proceed with connecting it to our wired or wireless network.
Explanation of Fields:
- Onboarding Template - This will be auto populated based on the template you selected
- MAC Address - You will need to enter the MAC address for the device you are trying to register. If you are unsure about how to find the MAC address, please have a look at this article: https://support.lesley.edu/a/solutions/articles/4000029111. If you are still unsure, please contact our Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Device Name (Optional) - You can use this field to name your device in the system, but it is optional.
- Device Type Group - Select from the drop-down menu. There will only be one option based on the template you selected.
- Device Type - From the drop-down menu, select the device type that matches your device. Select Other if none of the listed options are accurate.
- ***Record Enabled - Please leave this checked , Otherwise your registration will not work as intended.
- Building - The building name or address where this device will primarily be located
- Room Number - The room or suite number where this device will primarily be located
- Admin's Comment - This will give you the WPA Key you will need to enter into your device.
You will now see your registered device listed on the Devices page.
5. Reboot your device and then connect it to our network via a wired Ethernet port or the "Lesley Devices" WiFi network.