How to install the Check Point VPN Endpoint Security VPN.
In most cases the VPN Client is not needed for VPN access. Unless you have been told that your work requires the client please use the normal SSL VPN. Instructions for using it can be found here Getting Started with Lesley VPN
Download the Installer
- Download the VPN installer from SharePoint Here(Windows VPN Client). The following are instructions for doing so in Internet Explorer. If you use a different browser the screen may look different.
- You may be prompted to login to SharePoint if your browser is not already logged in. Please use your full email address with @lesley.edu to do so.
- Click to download the E82.40_CheckpointVPN.msi File
- Save the file. It may give you a warning about the Signature of the file. If so ignore this and press view downloads.
- Right Click on the Installer and press run anyways.
Installing the Client
- You may get a warning about the App being unregistered when you go to install. If so press on More info.
- Press run anyways if it's there. Otherwise follow the alternative steps.
- Alternatively On some PCs the run anyways option does not appear. If that happen do the following:
Go to you downloads folder and right click on the VPN file and select properties.
Under Security at the bottom of the General tab check the Unblock option and then okay. Now run the installer and it should bypass that screen.
- When the Check Point Endpoint Security VPN Installer Wizard start press Next
- Accept the agreement and press next.
- You may get a popup from User Account Control. If so select yes to allow the install.
- Press Finish to complete the install
Using the Check Point VPN Client
- From the Start Menu Run the Check Point Endpoint Security VPN
- Attention! This will launch to the system tray(lower right corner of you screen near the clock). Double click on the icon there to start the program.
- Enter your username and password and press connect
- The Icon in the system tray will turn green when connected.
- If you double click on the icon is will also list that you are connected. From here you can also press Disconnect when you are finished using the VPN.
Once VPN is connected, you should be able to access any resources, that you've been granted remote access to, as if you were on campus.