As of mid-July 2021, Lesley University will discontinue the use of the online meeting tool, Collaborate Ultra. The tool will be removed from myLesley and all users will lose access both to Collaborate and any recordings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Transitioning to Another Online Meeting Tool
- Collaborate Recordings
- Help and Support
Transitioning to Another Online Meeting Tool
Lesley University will be discontinuing the use of Collaborate Ultra. If you are currently using Collaborate Ultra in your courses, you will need to transition to Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Zoom is a video conferencing software used to conduct online meetings. Zoom allows you to share your video, audio, and computer content. It also features a robust video gallery, allowing you to see multiple cameras on screen at once. Since it started out as an online meeting tool, it’s a good choice classroom discussions or ad hoc meetings.
Features in Zoom include:
- Ability to invite guests
- Ability to record
- Telephony capabilities (call in on a phone for audio)
- Share content from your computer
- Download the desktop application or optionally use your web browser
- Available on mobile via the Zoom app
- Good for class meetings, discussions, presentations, lectures, guest speakers
Zoom Meetings in myLesley will walk you through creating Zoom meetings and sharing the link with your students.
Zoom’s Help Center provides answers to many common questions in text and video format. Here you will find getting started articles showing you how to install Zoom, schedule virtual meetings, and troubleshooting solutions.
Microsoft Teams combines synchronous and asynchronous communication and collaboration in one tool. Have individual or group text conversations, share and collaborate on documents, and meet online in a video call. Teams can be accessed or downloaded via Office 365 using your Lesley credentials.
Features in Teams include:
- Contact list of people you regularly communicate with
- Instant messaging chat
- Create Team sites to converse and share documents with a specific group of people
- Meet online using audio, video, and screen share (You must download and install the app in order to meet online)
- Desktop, mobile and web versions available
- Good for ad-hoc meetings and conversations, class discussion, group work, tutoring, support
View the Welcome to Microsoft Teams overview video for an introduction to the tool.
Student Group Meeting Tools
If your students are using Collaborate in their course groups, they will need to transition to another meeting tool, such as Zoom or Teams. Both Zoom and Teams are available to matriculated Lesley students.
Download your recordings
If you have recorded your Collaborate meetings, you must download the recordings that you wish to keep. In mid-July, you will lose access to any Collaborate recordings.
Once you have downloaded your recordings, you may share them with others by uploading them to Kaltura or OneDrive.
Upload to Kaltura
If you plan to share your Collaborate recordings within a myLesley course or community, upload your recording into Kaltura Media for easy sharing. See Using the Kaltura Media Mashup Tool for instructions.
Upload to OneDrive
If you plan to share your Collaborate recordings outside of myLesley courses or communities, including sharing with those outside the university, upload your recording to OneDrive.
Help and Support
If you have any questions or need assistance migrating to a new online meeting tool, please email email@example.com.