You can share a document library with a different set of permissions from the rest of your site to other people who have a Lesley University login. If you want to share with people outside of Lesley, a separate site must be created.
1. Select the document library so you’re viewing it on the web page. Click the Gear icon in the top right corner, then select Library Settings.
2. Click Permissions for this document library.
3. Look at the messages in the yellow border near the top to see if the document library is inheriting permissions from its parent or if it already has unique permissions.
In the example below, you can see it says it is inheriting permissions.
4. If its inheriting permissions, click the Stop Inheriting Permissions button.
5. You’ll receive a pop-up box saying you’re about to create unique permissions. Click OK.
6. Now you can add and remove people from the list. The access list is just for this document library. To remove people or a group, put a checkmark in front of their name and click the Remove User Permissions button. In the example below, everything is removed except the Owners and Excel Services Viewers. Those users are typically left with access. If you remove the Owner's group, you'll lock yourself out of the site. If you want to remove the Owners group, you must first add yourself with Full Control.
7. To add people, click the Grant Permissions button.
8. Important! In the box that opens, click Show Options so you can specify their level of access and if you want to send them an email or not.
9. Choose the permission level that you want the user to have. View Only, Read, or Edit are the permissions generally selected. View Only prevents downloading a copy, while Read allows downloading.
10. Click Share after entering the names, selecting the permission level, and deciding if you want to send an email or not. If you don't send an email, you can send people a link to the document library later by viewing the document library in your browser and copying the address bar location. For example, just copy and paste the URL for the document library into a separate email.