Knowing the version number of the software you are running can be useful in determining whether you are due for a software update, and in assisting Help Desk technicians troubleshoot software issues on your computer.
On a Windows machine:
Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Go To Help > About Firefox
- The version number is in the picture below:
1. Click on the Menu icon.
2. Click on About Google Chrome.
3. The version information will be shown.
On a Mac:
- Go to Safari > About Safari
- Go to Firefox > About Firefox
- Go to Chrome> About Google Chrome
- The version number is highlighted in the picture below: