When an account holder has forgotten his/her Colleague administrative database password, it will, upon request, be reset with a temporary password.
Please note that when you receive the automatic email from the system telling you that your password has been reset to the default, log in as you would normally log in...do NOT press the Change Password link. The Change Password link is only used when you choose to change your password, and you know your current password. It doesn't work if we have reset the password to the default.
If you have reset your Colleague password and receive an error box, accompanied with either of the following error messages:
- Login name or password incorrect, please try again.
- 3004-007 You entered an invalid login name or password.
Walk through the following steps:
- Check to see that you have access to other online resources such as email and the Internet. If you are not connected to the Lesley Network, you cannot access Colleague.
- Verify that you are entering your account name correctly. For most users, their Colleague database account name is the same account name used for other Lesley University electronic accounts.
- Account names include only lower case letters and, for some users, numbers. Be sure that the Caps Lock option is off and, if you are using the keyboard number pad, be sure that the Num Lock option is on.
- Ask another staff member (one who has access to Colleague) or a member of the Information Technology staff to verify that your DOB and SSN are correctly listed in the database. If either is incorrect, you will need to contact Information Technology so that we can reset your password using something other than DOB and SSN detail. You will also want to contact Human Resources and ask that they correct this information.
- If possible, try connecting to Colleague with your account using a different computer. If you can connect from a computer other than your own, be sure to close that connection and then contact us with the information described below.
If, after completing the above troubleshooting steps, you are still unable to connect to the database, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk with the following information:
- Your name.
- Your location.
- Your employment status - core faculty/staff, temporary employee, student employee.
- Type of computer - PC or Macintosh.
- The date (or an approximate date) of your last successful connection to the Colleague database.