Adobe Creative Cloud is now a part of the standard suite of applications available for installation on all Lesley University owned computers. Like Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud will be pre-installed on all newly deployed computers going forward. Individuals who need access to the suite of applications, and have an existing computer, can submit a request for installation.
What You Need To Know
What Is Adobe Creative Cloud and Do I Need It?
Adobe Creative Cloud is a collection of software for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography. If you don’t currently perform any of the aforementioned tasks, we don’t recommend having the application installed. For an individual who doesn’t perform such tasks as part of their essential job functions, the entire suite of applications would take up a significant as well as unnecessary amount of storage space and system resources on a computer.
How Do I Request The Software?
If you would like software installed on your computer, you can submit a request by e-mailing IT for installation assistance for your Lesley issued computer. You can submit your request by clicking here.
How Quickly Will My Request Be Fulfilled?
We appreciate your patience while we prioritize all requests for support. We will address requests for installation in the order they are received.
How Long Does It Take To Install The Software?
The installation process takes about 1.5 hours to install every application. The software can be installed remotely by a technician. Desktop installations will be performed remotely in order to quickly roll out the software to as many individuals as possible. If you have a laptop a technician will either connect remotely or you can schedule an appointment to drop off your computer.
What Applications Come With Adobe Creative Cloud?
All of the following applications are available to be installed on your computer.
*This list is subject to change. The full list can be viewed at: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all
• Adobe® Acrobat® Pro
• Adobe After Effects® CC®
• Adobe Audition® CC
• Adobe Bridge CC
• Adobe Dreamweaver® CC
• Adobe Edge Animate CC
• Adobe Edge Code CC (preview)
• Adobe Edge Inspect CC
• Adobe Edge Reflow CC (preview)
• Adobe Edge Web Fonts
• Adobe Encore®
• Adobe Extension Manager CC
• Adobe Fireworks®
• Adobe Flash® Builder® Premium Edition
• Adobe Flash Professional CC
• Adobe Illustrator® CC
• Adobe InCopy® CC
• Adobe InDesign® CC
• Adobe Media Encoder CC
• Adobe Muse™ CC
• Adobe Photoshop® CC
• Adobe Photoshop Lightroom®
• Adobe Prelude® CC
• Adobe Premiere® Pro CC
• Adobe Scout CC
• Adobe SpeedGrade® CC
What About Adobe Stock?
Adobe Stock is not included as part of our volume license. Access to Adobe Stock is a departmental purchase. Plans can be viewed here: https://stock.adobe.com/plans
How Do I Get Training On Adobe Creative Cloud Applications?
- Adobe offers free online courses through their Adobe Education Exchange portal https://edex.adobe.com/
- Atomic Learning has a number of self-paced training sessions for Adobe Products. You can find them by logging into the service at: https://atomiclearning.com/login/lesley
- Adobe's YouTube Channel contains useful getting started tips and tricks.
Paid professional development on Adobe applications is available through the vendor New Horizons.
*Associated costs are a departmental expense.
Students Access In Computer Labs
Student's can access the software in all computer classrooms, open computer labs, and library on campus. Students will need to create a free Adobe ID. You won't need an Adobe subscription to use the software on campus devices, but Adobe does require an account to log into the software to use it.
Go to Adobe accounts and click Get an Adobe ID.
Follow the instructions and enter a valid email address. Then, click Sign Up.
You will receive a mail from Adobe with a link to verify your email address. You may have to wait for some time before receiving the email.
NOTE: The address you enter will be your Adobe ID, so use a frequently used address that you’ll remember.
Sign in using the account you created.
Your account page is displayed.
Is There An Educational Discount For My Personal Computer?
- Core Faculty and Staff receive the software on their Lesley issued computer and have work from home rights on 1 additional personal computer.
- Students can lease a license the software for their personal computers at a discounted rate of 60%. Please click here to purchase.
- Adjunct Faculty can lease a license the software for their personal computers at a discounted rate of 60%. Please click here to purchase.
- Emeritus Faculty can lease a license the software for their personal computers at a discounted rate of 60%. Please click here to purchase.