TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is Ally?
Ally is a tool within myLesley, which creates alternative files that are easier to for all students to use. Ally creates multiple alternative formats including readable text for screen readers, pictures with captions, and easy-to-navigate content. You can download these alternative formats anywhere that files are used.
For more information, view the Ally for Students video tutorial:
How do I access alternative formats in my course?
Ally automatically creates alternative formats of your course files based on the original file. Available alternative formats include:
- OCR'd PDF: Makes scanned documents searchable, more readable, and accessible to users on a screen reader
- Tagged PDF: Improves use with assistive technology
- Audio: MP3 version for listening on a computer or mobile device
- HTML: Mobile-friendly version for reading in browsers or mobile devices
- Electronic Braille: BRF version for tactile reading on electronic braille displays, other braille reading devices, or within braille software
- ePUB: For reading and annotating on mobile devices or e-book readers
- BeeLine Reader: Enhanced version for faster and more focused on-screen reading
- Translated Version: This alternative format provides a machine-translated version of the original content into a total of 50 different languages. Supports PDF, Word, Powerpoint and HTML documents.
You may access alternative formats of your files by selecting the file you wish to access and clicking the Alternative Formats icon to the right of the file.
Select a format and click Download.
Your file will download. This may take several minutes.