Pulse is our VPN client that allows you access to specific applications when you are not on campus. Please follow the step below in order to install Pulse on your Mac computer.
Installing the Pulse application launcher
1. Open https://remote.lesley.edu/install in the web browser of your choosing. Log in using your Lesley SSO credentials.
2. Click the Start button to the right of Pulse Secure.
3. The system checks to see if the app launcher is installed.
4. If the app launcher is not installed, click the Download button.
5. Find the PulseSecureAppLauncherAppleSigned.dmg file and double-click to run it. The file will be in your default download location which is typically in the Downloads folder.
6. The following window will appear. Click Continue and then Install.
7. Click Close on the window showing that the installation was successful.
8. Go back to the browser and click the HERE button.
9. Click Start and then Open.
10. Click Always.
11. The Pulse client will download and then you'll need to put in the password that you use to log into the computer.
12. The Pulse client will install and open. Click Connect to connect to the VPN.
1. When you want to access Pulse in the future, (after the first installation time) you can click on the Pulse icon. In the Pulse Secure window that pops up, choose Lesley and then Connect.
2. You might receive the following pop-up window. If so, just press the Proceed button.
3. As an added layer of security, at this point, the Pulse secure client will run a security scan called Host Checker. If upon finishing the host checker scan, you receive a failure to connect, please see our Host Checker article for further information at https://support.lesley.edu/support/solutions/articles/4000175331-pulse-vpn-host-checker
4. Upon connecting, you may be prompted to login with your SSO credentials. Once the connected state says "Connected", you will be able to connect to any on-campus resources that you have been granted remote access to, such as colleague, informer, fileshares, etc. These can all be accessed directly from your desktop or using the same URL's you would have used from campus.
Resolving Invalid Certificate Errors
If upon trying to connect, you receive a certificate error such as the one below, you will need to install a certificate file on your device. In order to do so, please download the file HERE . Then double click on the file that you have downloaded. This should open up your keychain and will most likely require you to enter your device password. Once completed, you should be able to connect the pulse VPN without any certificate errors. If you continue to see errors, please reach out to email@example.com for further assistance. Thank you.