(To view full-sized versions of these images, left-click on an image and it will display as a pop-up overlay.)
The Verification Worksheet is a document the Financial Aid Office sends to you if you’ve been selected for a process called “verification.” The U.S. Department of Education selects applicants for this process when it wants us to confirm the information submitted on a FAFSA. To do that, we use the information you submit on the Verification Worksheet.
Did you submit a Verification Worksheet but were notified that it was incomplete? Please check below for the most common mistakes made when filling out this form.
1. Section B Needs More Information
- You will need to know if the U.S. Department of Education considers you a Dependent or Independent student to fill this section out correctly. Your FAFSA will have this information if you do not have it on hand.
- Please note that Dependent students MUST list their parent(s)/guardian(s) on this chart.
- Do not leave any spaces blank for each family member listed. If someone will not enroll in college, enter “N/A” under the “College Attending” column.
Example of correctly completed Section B for a Dependent Student:
Example of correctly completed Section B for an Independent Student:
2. Missing All or Part of a Section
- For the Verification Worksheet to be complete, all required sections must be filled out. If you are a Dependent student, you must complete Sections C, D & E on the second page. If you are an Independent student, you must complete Sections C & E on the second page.
- Please make sure you only check one box per section. If both boxes are checked in either Section C or Section D, the form will be considered incomplete.
Example of a correctly completed Section C & D for a Dependent Student:
Example of a correctly completed Section C (Not D!) for an Independent Student:
3. All Verification Documents Need a “Wet” or Handwritten Signature on Section E
- For compliance reasons, you must sign your Verification Worksheet with a handrwitten signature. You can do this by taking uploading a photo of your signed last page or by scanning a copy of the signed last page. Worksheets signed by other means cannot be accepted.
Example of a correctly completed Section E for a Dependent Student:
Example of a correctly completed Section E for a Married Independent Student:
Example of a correctly completed Section E for an Unmarried Independent Student:
How do I get my completed Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office?
- You can upload your worksheet—and any other necessary documents—via our secure Financial Aid Dropbox at tinyurl.com/Financial-aid-drop-box.
- You can also fax your worksheet—and any other necessary documents—to 617-649-4855.
If you still need help or have other questions, please submit a ticket to the Support Hub so we can help.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article