If I waive the student health insurance plan, but then lose my coverage, can I enroll in the student plan?

Modified on Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 12:06 AM

If you waive the student health insurance plan through Gallagher and then lose your own coverage, you are able to enroll in the plan that you waived. Losing coverage counts as a Qualifying Life Event (QLE). Other QLE’s are: 

  • Reaching the age limit of another health insurance plan 
  • Loss of health insurance through marriage or divorce 
  • Involuntary loss of coverage from another health insurance plan 


To start the Qualifying Life Event process: 

  1. Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/lesley 
  2. Follow the Login instructions. 
  3. Click on “Enroll-Qualifying Life Event” 
  4. Complete the online form and upload the required supporting documentation. This is usually the loss of coverage letter from your prior health insurance company showing your name and the last day of coverage. 


Read the form carefully. It contains very specific information on the Qualifying Life Event process. If your enrollment in the student health insurance plan is on a voluntary basis, there is no option for the Qualifying Life Event process if you lose coverage with your current health insurance plan.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article