Faculty may check out Wireless Microphone Kits from Information Technology by using the following Equipment Checkout system: https://webcheckout.lesley.edu/sso/patron/
You should only be reserving a Wireless Microphone Kit under the following circumstances:
- The room you are using already has speakers and an available input for a microphone
- You are using a portable PA system and need additional microphones.
*You cannot use a microphone in a room that does not have a built in microphone system*
If you do not have a technician operating your event, you will be responsible for picking up, setting up, and returning the equipment.
What’s in the kit?
- Wireless Receiver – This small black box with two antennae “receives” the signal from the microphone and then sends the signal to the speaker system via the provided microphone cable.
- Power Supply – This is what you plug into the wall to power the receiver.
- Wireless Transmitter (microphone) – This takes the sound from your voice and “transmits” the signal wirelessly to the receiver.
X. With the lavalier you will need to attach the microphone to the transmitter. The handheld has the transmitter built in
4. XLR cable- to connect the Receiver to the PA system
5. Batteries- for the microphone
Setting up the Wireless Microphone Kit
- Plug the power supply into the Receiver and then into the wall
- Connect one end of the XLR cable to the Receiver and the other end to the microphone input in your room or on the PA system.
X. With the lavalier you will need to attach the microphone to the transmitter.
3. On the microphone, press and hold the Mute button until the light on the microphone turns green.
4. Once the light on the microphone is green, you should see a green light on the receiver that says Ready.
5. Adjust the volume for your input in the room or on the PA system (there is no volume adjustment on the microphone or receiver).
WebCheckout System & Resources
The Ready light is not green.
The microphone is out of sync if the Ready light is not green, meaning that the microphone (transmitter) and the receiver are programmed to different channels.
- Make sure the microphone is on
- Make sure the receiver is on
- Unscrew the base of the microphone
- Hold the base of the microphone up to the front of the receiver
- Press the Sync button on the front of the receiver
- The Ready light should now be green
I still can’t hear anything.
- Make sure you have fresh batteries
- Check the level in the room (or on the PA system) for the input that you have plugged the wireless microphone into
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article