(PLEASE READ) - This Article Is Specific to Connecting to the Lesley University on Campus Network
You might receive the "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (Primary DNS Server)" error while you are connecting via wireless or Ethernet, and are not able to access the Internet. The reason for this error is that your device is not searching for Lesley's DNS entries, but is connected to a static DNS server outside of Lesley's network. These steps below will allow your computer to search in the Lesley system for a DNS server and successfully connect to the network.
1. Press the Start icon, then the Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
What you see when you click on the Network and Sharing Center icon will differ depending upon the view that your computer is set on.
3a. Right-click on Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection - whichever connection you are trying to access - and click on Properties.
...or View B
3b1. Click on the Local Area Connection link or the Wireless Network Connection - depending upon the network to which you are trying to connect.
3b2. Click on Properties in the Local Area Connection Status window that pops up.
4. In the Networking tab, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPX4) item, then Properties.
5. On the General tab, make sure both Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected. Press the OK button.
6. Launch your browser, and enter your Lesley credentials to connect to the network.