A Resource Guide
The “Directory of Services” creates an interactive resource guide inclusive of departments across the University. This guide informs the user of what each department does, in order to quickly serve their needs in a virtual environment. This resource serves as an invaluable information resource for students and a guide for faculty and staff supporting and advising students.
This guide augments the existing Lesley University COVID-19 resource site. When accessing the resource, it's dynamic properties allow for the content to be filtered and searchable. The student filter will reduce the amount of information displayed based upon the audience. For example; If a student selects that they are a commuter student, the content would contract, and remove information related to resident life. A top level filtering is available to distinguish a student in Threshold, Undergraduate, Graduate, of PHd programs.
The content must follow the style guide of Lesley.edu maintaining a harmony through the site. Due to the information being authored by various departments, it will be edited to project one voice from Lesley University. Content and updates can be submitted via an online form or through contributions made by web editors.
- WHO - This should be the department name.
- WHAT - A simple, yet professional department description and the services provided.
- WHEN - Hours of operation.
- WHERE - Department’s website, physical location and any operational changes due to COVID-19.
- WHY - Examples of why a student would reach out to your department.
- HOW - Department email address, link to contact form, or phone number. If departments use resources such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom for virtual meetings or office hours, those details should be included.
- FAQ - Each department will develop and maintain a list of at least 5 resources associated with students’ frequently asked questions and provide solutions or links to resources. This will allow students to quickly find answers to common inquiries. Links to common solutions or requested resources can be included as answers.
- WHICH - This identifies which group(s) of students are served by the department.
All content must follow accessibility guidelines to ensure that everyone can access the information.