How does satisfactory academic progress affect my financial aid eligibility?

Modified on Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 7:44 PM

You need to make satisfactory academic progress (SAP) in order to receive government-funded student aid. In other words, you need to make good enough grades and complete enough classes to maintain progress toward completing your degree or certificate, in a time period that’s acceptable to your academic program here at Lesley.

To see your academic program’s satisfactory academic progress standards, visit our SAP website here. There you will find:

  • the grade-point average (or equivalent standard) you need to maintain;
  • how quickly you need to be moving toward graduation (for instance, how many credits you should have successfully completed by the end of each year);
  • how an incomplete class, withdrawal, repeated class, change of major, or transfer of credits from another school affect your satisfactory academic progress;
  • how often Lesley will evaluate your progress;
  • what will happen if you fail to make satisfactory academic progress;
  • whether you are allowed to appeal a decision that you haven’t made satisfactory academic progress (reasons for appeal usually include the death of a family member, illness or injury, or other special circumstances); and
  • how you can regain eligibility for federal student aid.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article