What is Federal Work Study?

Modified on Tue, 05 Jul 2022 at 03:24 PM

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based financial aid award for eligible undergraduate and graduate students that demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by the U.S. government. If you receive a Work-Study award, you may apply for Work-Study jobs with our on-campus employers and select off-campus agencies during the academic year. If you’re hired for an FWS job, the U.S. government pays 75% of your wages and we - or your approved off-campus employers - pay the rest. You can find more information about how to find and apply for a Federal Work-Study job on our Student Jobs webpage.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article