Mac computers running OS X have built-in capability to view and create
PDFs. To view a file that ends in the .pdf extension, simply
double-click on the file. It should automatically open the PDF in
If double-clicking the file does not open the PDF, do the following:
- Hold the Control key and click on the PDF icon.
- Go to Open With, and select Preview from the list.
- The PDF will open in the Preview window.
All Lesley-issued computers come pre-installed with the software necessary to view PDFs (Acrobat Reader). You should only have to double-click a file with a .pdf extension to launch Acrobat Reader and see your document.
If double-clicking the file fails to launch Acrobat Reader, do the following:
- Right-click on the file and select Open With.
- Click on Adobe Reader from the list of programs.