Your browser's cache is a temporary storage folder on your computer where recently visited web pages are stored to save time and allow pages to load faster when you are surfing the internet. Occasionally, some saved information can become outdated and cause browsing problems. Clearing the cache replaces the outdated information by reloading pages directly from the web server, thus providing you a fresh copy of the web page.
Internet Explorer (Windows)
- Open Internet Explorer.
- At the top of the window, click Tools > Internet Options.
- Under Browsing History, click Delete.
- A Delete Browsing History window will appear. You can check the Temporary Internet Files and website files, Cookies and website data and History choices, then click the Delete button.
- When this is finished, you can click OK to exit to the main window.
- Open Edge.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Settings from the menu that opens.
- Click on the Choose what to clear button under the Clear browsing data heading.
- If they aren't already chosen, click on the boxes before Choose Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files and Tabs I've set aside or recently closed.
- Press the Clear button.
- Open Firefox.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Choose Privacy & Security from the menu on the left.
- Under Cached Web Content, click the Clear Now button.
- Close the Options tab.
1. Under the Firefox menu, click Privacy & Security.
2. In the Cached Web Content section, click the Clear Now button.
3. Close the Options tab.
1. Go to the Develop menu and click on Empty Caches.
Note: If you don't see Develop in the menu bar, do the following:
- Go to the Safari menu, and click Preferences
- In Preferences, find and click on the Advanced tab.
- At the bottom of the window in the Advanced tab, make sure the box labeled Show Develop menu in menu bar is checked
Chrome (Windows and Mac)
1.Click the More icon on the toolbar:
2. Choose the More Tools option on the dropdown menu.
3. Click on Clear browsing data.
4. In the box that opens, you can check the items that you want to clear, and you can also choose how far back you want to clear the cache. The most common items to clear are:
Cookies and other site and plug in data
Cached images and files
5. Click on the Clear browsing data button.