TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is a VoiceThread?
- Your VoiceThread Account
- Accessing VoiceThread
- Navigating VoiceThread
- VoiceThread Trainings
What is a VoiceThread?
VoiceThread allows you to place collections of media like images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of a conversation. These conversations are not live; they take place whenever and wherever it’s convenient for people to participate. A VoiceThread allows people to have conversations and to make comments using any mix of text, a microphone, a webcam, or uploading an audio file.
To see a VoiceThread in action while learning more about it view VoiceThread in Education
Your VoiceThread Account
You have access to VoiceThread as a member of the Lesley community. Your account will become activated once you log in to VoiceThread using your Lesley credentials.
Your Lesley University VoiceThread account will be deleted after a period of inactivity. You will be notified by email 30 days before your account is scheduled for deletion. In order to keep your account active, simply log in to your Lesley VoiceThread account within 30 days of receiving the email.
To ensure that your VoiceThread account remains active, you will need to sign in to it at least once per year.
Click the Sign In button at the top of the page.
Make sure that your current institution is set to Lesley University. Next, you will now be prompted to enter your Lesley credentials. Click Sign In to continue.
Enter your Lesley credentials and click Next.
Once you have logged into VoiceThread you will be brought to your VT Home page. Here, you may view all VoiceThreads shared with you. See Viewing VoiceThreads for more information on navigating the VoiceThread home page and individual VoiceThreads.
If you are new to VoiceThread or you’d like a refresher, VoiceThread offers live workshops as well as recordings of past events.
- VoiceThread Workshops: view the full list of upcoming workshops or view recordings of past trainings.
- VoiceThread Basics 1 (Recording): Upload, comment, and share.
- VoiceThread Basics 2 (Recording): Groups and secure sharing.
- VoiceThread Basics 3 (Recording): Moderating comments, private and threaded replises, and copying VoiceThreads.
- Using VoiceThread in Blackboard (Recording): Using the VoiceThread LTI in your myLesley/Blackboard course.
- VoiceThread and Universal Design for Learning (Recording): Using VoiceThread for multiple means of engagement, representation, action, and expression.
- VoiceThread Advanced Skills (Recording): Using advanced VoiceThread features.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article