TABLE OF CONTENTS
- About the New VoiceThread
- VoiceThread Updates and New Features
- Training and Support
About the New VoiceThread
The new VoiceThread has been redesigned to be simpler, more powerful, and more accessible. There are dozens of new features and enhancements, but the biggest highlights and updates are below.
For more information about the new version, check out the article on the VoiceThread blog: New VoiceThread: Simpler, More Accessible, and More Powerful.
VoiceThread Updates and New Features
The new VoiceThread was redesigned to remove complexity from the user interface without removing functionality. The biggest change is the location of the comment button - instead of the bottom center of the VoiceThread, the comment button appears on the bottom left of the VoiceThread. Check out the New VT in 12 Seconds video for a quick overview of the new interface.
Improved Commenting Features
The new VoiceThread features the same commenting options and features that you know and love, with some improvements to the look and functionality.
- Doodle: Click and drag on the screen to make annotations while you comment.
- Zoom and Pan: Zoom in and out and move around in the media while recording your comment.
- Multi-Slide Comments: While you are speaking, navigate to other slides in your VoiceThread using the arrows in the bottom left-corner or by clicking the slide gallery button and navigating to other slides.
- Comment on Videos: While recording your comment you can use the controls to play or pause the video, scrub to any location in the video, and annotate the video while you record.
- Commenting Playback: After recording your comment, VoiceThread will play back your comment so you can decide if you want to keep the comment or re-record.
See the new VoiceThread in action with the New VoiceThread Commenting Tutorial.
The new VoiceThread features a simple-to-use conversation structure that keeps all of the comments visible on the left side of the page at all times, regardless of which slide you're on. This allows for easier navigation and more natural conversation. Learn more about One Conversation mode.
The new VoiceThread has been redesigned to be fully accessible to users, especially those using screen readers, eliminating the need for a separate “VoiceThread Universal” application. Additional accessibility features include automated alt text for documents and PDFs, a field for entering alt text for images and other visual media, an option to add audio descriptions to slides, text transcripts of all captioned content, and more.
Training and Support
VoiceThread offers live and recorded workshops, including an overview of the New VoiceThread. These workshops offer a tour of the new interface and an opportunity to ask questions of the VoiceThread team: VoiceThread Workshops.
VoiceThread documentation and tutorials are available on the Support Hub.
eLIS Online Office Hours
Have questions? Join the eLIS staff for our weekly online office.
- Faculty Office Hours: Monday and Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00 ET. No appointment necessary.
- Student Office Hours: Tuesday, 4:00 - 6:00 ET. No appointment necessary.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request a 1:1 or small group training.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article