You might see email hyperlinks on sites or in applications that when clicked on create an email message using your computer's default email application/account. If you are attempting to send an email from a hyperlink and your computer does not default to your Lesley email account, you have 2 options.
- You can copy the recipient's address, start a new email message from your Lesley account, and then paste the recipient's address into the TO: line.
- You can change the default email application/account on your computer to use your Lesley account.*
* Please note that if you are using a personal computer you may not want to change the default email application/account. However, if you are using a Lesley-issued computer it would be easier if Outlook is the default. If it isn't the default, you can follow the instructions below to update the default email application/account.
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Select Settings from the list or click on the gear icon.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Default Apps or search for Default Apps.
- You'll see Email and it will either show “choose a default” or will display the application used as the default.
- Click on whatever is showing under Email and the Choose an app window will pop up.
- Choose Outlook from the menu.
- In your Applications folder, double-click on the Mail application.
Note: if you have not set up an account in the Mail app, you will be prompted to set one up. Choose Exchange Account for the type and you will be prompted to log in with your Lesley username and password.
- From the Mail menu choose Preferences.
- In the Default email reader: field found in the General tab, choose Microsoft Outlook.
- Close the Preferences window.