At Lesley University we have authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide official academic transcripts via the Web. Visit the National Student Clearinghouse using this link.
You can order transcripts using any major credit or debit card. The Clearinghouse charges your card only after your order has been completely processed. You'll receive order updates via email and, if you choose, text messages. You can also track your transcript order online using this link.
You must provide signed consent to fulfill your transcript order. Each transcript order generates a consent form that you can approve instantly online.
NOTE: If you have an outstanding financial obligation to the University, we cannot issue an official transcript to you. Submit a Support Hub ticket to contact Student Accounts about a hold on your account.
Types of Transcripts Offered
- Official Transcript: Used for purposes such as admission to other educational institutions or for job applications. The transcript bears the signature of the University Registrar and the Lesley University seal. Electronic copies are delivered from Lesley directly to the designated recipient. Paper copies are issued in a sealed and unopened envelope on official transcript paper.
- Requirements Completed Transcript: Used to prove you’ve completed your program before you receive your actual degree. A requirements completed transcript (RCT) is often used by teachers, who may receive a pay raise upon completion of their master’s degree requirements, or by undergraduate students applying for educator licensure. Before requesting an RCT, you must apply for graduation on Lesley's Self-Service portal. For more information, please see “Special Instructions for Ordering a Requirements Completed Transcript” on our transcript ordering page.
Transcript Delivery Methods
We offer three delivery methods: emailed electronic PDF, electronic exchange, or mailed paper copy. You may also pick up your paper copy at the Support Hub on the 1st floor of University Hall. Please have a photo ID ready if you pick it up in person.
- Electronic secure PDF: After your request is processed, your transcript recipient receives an email with a link to a secure Internet page where they can retrieve your official transcript. Upon that email notification, your credit card will be charged. The National Student Clearinghouse will guarantee that your recipient is notified that your transcript is ready for retrieval at the email address you provided when you placed the order; however, we cannot be responsible for whether your recipient retrieves or accepts the transcript. Because this is a new technology, we suggest that you contact your recipient and verify that they are willing to accept your transcript via this delivery method.
- Electronic exchange: Only available for sending directly to another college or university within the electronic transcript exchange registry. The official transcript arrives in an electronic exchange mailbox. The recipients must check this mailbox to receive the transcript.
- Mailed: Paper copies are sent via USPS regular mail. Verify your recipient's mailing address before completing your order.
- Requests sent via the United States Postal Service may take an additional 5-7 business days to reach their destination. Lesley University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the mailing information provided in your request, and cannot be responsible for any USPS delivery failure.
- Students who graduated from the Art Institute of Boston before 1990 and students of Lesley College who graduated before 1988 will need to choose mailed paper copies, as e-transcripts and electronic exchange transcripts are not available for this period.
Official Transcript Costs
The cost of a transcript varies for the delivery option.
- $6.00 for an electronic PDF sent via email ($5.00 + $1.00 processing fee)
- $5.00 for electronic exchange
- $8.00 for a paper copy ($5.00 + $3.00 mailing fee)
Order Processing Time
Electronic PDF (emailed) and electronic exchange transcripts are typically sent on the same day. If a PDF request includes other attachments, there may be an extra 1-2 day processing time for manual review of your order.
Paper transcripts are mailed or available for pick-up 2 to 3 business days after an order is completed [this includes the transcript request and verification of student information].
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article