How do I request a student leave of absence?

Modified on Tue, 31 Oct 2023 at 04:23 PM

Sometimes personal or professional circumstances make it impossible to attend classes or enroll in courses. If you find yourself in such a situation you may apply for a leave of absence. An approved leave of absence extends the time you can complete your program of study.

 A Leave of Absence may be granted with the following stipulations:

  • The student must plan to return to the college at the end of the specified period of time to complete an academic degree program;
  • The student must be in good academic standing at the time the leave is requested;
  • The student must be cleared by the Financial Aid Office at the time that the leave is requested and, if receiving financial aid, the student must meet with a financial aid representative.

If you'd like to apply for a leave of absence, please use the following form:

Request for Withdrawal/Leave of Absence [Requires login]

Please note: If your leave of absence extends beyond 180 calendar days, the deferment or “grace” period for any previous educational loans may end at that time. The Financial Aid Office encourages students who are planning on taking an official leave of absence to meet with their Financial Aid Counselor to discuss educational loan repayment options and eligibility for grace period(s).

For additional information on our Leave of Absence policy, see the University's Academic Policies page.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article