How do I register for an independent study?

Modified on Tue, 05 Jul 2022 at 03:22 PM

Are you interested in the possibility of an independent study? Most degree programs allow for that option, as long as you’re not duplicating an existing course.

If you’d like to register for an independent study, first you’ll need a faculty sponsor. Once you’ve acquired a sponsor, they’ll complete an Independent Study Course contract in consultation with you and leadership from their academic department. If the contract is approved, it’s then forwarded to the University Registrar to be processed.

Faculty and staff, please note: the Independent Study Course Contract may be accessed via the Lesley Faculty Sharepoint folder.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article