Music for Events

Modified on Mon, 07 Nov 2022 at 07:21 PM

For indoor events, IT can provide music from a streaming service that connects to Wi-Fi. WiFi does not extend to outdoor spaces and will require you to bringing your own music.  IT can assist you with amplifying your music for both indoor or outdoor events.

Some things to consider:

  • Will your music be live or pre-recorded?
  • If using a band will they bring all their own equipment?
  • Most professional DJs will bring their own sound system.
  • Amateur DJs may ask to connect to our sound system.
  • Will the music be the focus of the event, an accompaniment, or is it purely for background and to set the mood?
  • Is the music you'd like to use able to be played in public?
  • Lesley University has a Broadcast Music, Inc license which allows you to play music for your event.  As you develop your playlist, you will want to make sure that the music you are playing is covered under this license.  BMI Song View is available to confirm that your music is under the BMI licenses. 
  • A permit with the City of Cambridge is required for amplified sound outdoors for speeches or music. Public Safety can assist with obtaining the permit.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article