Sometimes, when copying, exporting, or archiving a course, you may notice some errors during the process. Below are some common errors and what to do about them:
Sample error messages include:
- Error during copy of: osc-basiclti
- Error: An unexpected error occurred during Basic LTI tools processing
This is a routine error with the Basic LTI tool. If you have a link to Brainfuse Online Tutoring in your course, check the link to make sure that it is still working as intended. If the link is not working, you may delete it and add it again. Instructions for adding a link to Brainfuse may be found here: Adding Brainfuse Online Tutoring to the Course Menu.
Assignments, Tests, or graded items did not copy
Sample error: When copying your course, most of the content copied as expected, but some graded items, such as Assignments, Tests, or graded Discussions, did not copy.
This is typically caused during the course copy process. You may need to re-copy or re-create this content in your course. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To avoid these issues, we recommend the following steps when copying your course:
Click Select All to make an exact copy of your course.
- Uncheck Announcements. Checking this options will copy all of the Announcements from your previous course.
- For the Discussion Board, select Include only the forums. with no starter posts.
Copying the starter posts will copy the students' posts from your previous course into your new course.
- Select Navigation Settings in the Settings area to ensure you make an exact copy of your course menu.
The image below shows our recommended options.
In the File Attachments area, select Copy Links and copies of the content. This will ensure that any files or attachments are copied into your course.
For more information on copying your myLesley course see Copying myLesley Courses.