Are you having trouble with your camera not showing in Zoom? You can hear and see other people but people can only hear you? Well, you may have an issue with your permissions. Follow the steps below to give Zoom access to your computer's camera
Please try these steps below. This has solved the issue for many community members.
- Make sure the Zoom application is closed.
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner of the Security & Privacy window.
- Enter your OS administrator username and password.
- Click Unlock.
- Click the permission that you need to change: Camera, Microphone, Screen Recording, Files and Folders or Accessibility.
- Click the checkbox next to zoom.us and/or Zoom Rooms.
Note: For Local Recording on Catalina, you need to click the checkbox for at least the Documents Folder option under zoom.us.
- A window will appear asking you to restart Zoom or the Zoom Rooms application.
Note: If you need to allow other permissions, click Later. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any additional permissions you need to enable.
Note: Once you've allowed all necessary permissions, click Quit Now.
- Reopen Zoom and you should now have full access.