Please Note: This function is currently down for maintenance while we implement improvements and relaunch at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions —or if you are a parent/guardian inquiring about your student's academic information—please contact the Support Hub by submitting a ticket or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are a student and need a copy of one of our FERPA release forms, please find them attached below.
(Looking for instructions on granting access to your financial information? Please visit our Knowledge Base article on adding authorized users via the Student Account Center.)
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and subject to certain exceptions, the University may not release information pertaining to your education record to another individual unless authorized by you.
Granting access is done through your Lesley Self-Service account under the "User Options" menu on the left sidebar. Through the portal, your parent/guardian will have access to the same access you have. Your other records, or information from those records, may be shared with your designated parent/guardian through conversation with a Lesley University representative and/or separate copies.
Your education records include many items such as grades, course performance, schedules, financial aid, tuition and fees, misconduct/disciplinary investigations, residence life information, and disability accommodations.
Through the portal, your parent/guardian will have access to the following information should you choose to grant it:
- Option A- Academic Information
- Student Transcript
- Student Schedule
- Student Grades
If you take no action, access will not be granted. If you wish to revoke access granted to a parent/guardian or another 3rd party, you may select the following option:
- Option R - No Access
You determine and control the level of access that your parent/guardian has to your account information. You may change the access level at any time.
For more information on FERPA, please visit www.lesley.edu/FERPA.
How to Add Authorized Individuals and Grant Access
- Log in to Self-Service at lesley.edu/SelfService.
- Expand the navigation menu by selecting the menu icon button (≡). It's located on the left if you're accessing Self-Service in desktop mode.
- Select the User Options submenu. It's represented by a person icon.
- The menu will expand and display a list of options. To add a parent, guardian, or other trusted 3rd-party, select "Add Parent/Guardian." If you've already added a parent, guardian, or other trusted 3rd-party, skip to step 8.
- Next, you'll be redirected to the Add Parent/Guardian screen on LOIS - Lesley Online Information Service. You may be asked to re-enter login information before this screen displays.
- Enter your parent/guardian/etc. information and press the Submit button.
- There is a small waiting period while authorized individuals are added to our system. This may take up to 2-3 business days. You'll receive an email once that process is complete. It will instruct you to complete the steps necessary to grant access privileges/viewing rights to your parent/guardian/etc.
- In the Self-Service User Options submenu, select "Grant Rights to Parent/Guardian."
- You'll be redirected to the Grant Rights to Parent/Guardian screen on LOIS - Lesley Online Information Service. You may be asked to re-enter login information before this screen displays.
- Verify that the individual you wish to grant access is listed on this screen.
- Check the "Grant" box that corresponds to the individual you wish to grant access. If necessary, enter or correct their email address in the "Email Address" box.
- Select the Access Level you wish this individual to have to your record. You may choose either: A - Academic Information, or R - No Access. You must uncheck the Grant Box when R - No Access is selected.
- Press the Submit button. This button generates an email to the individual(s) you selected. It will provide them with step-by-step instructions on how to access the system.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article