How do I update my name or address with the Registrar?

Modified on Wed, 28 Feb 2024 at 01:33 AM

Address Changes

Let us know right away of any change in your address by completing our interactive electronic Change of Address Form [requires login].

Students on the Lesley F-1 sponsorship should also complete a “US Adress Update Form for F-1 Students.” This form will allow the Lesley International Student Advisor to update their US address with the US Immigration.

For students enrolled in licensure programs and changing location to a new state: 

Please visit our Licensure and Credentialing Information page. Review the licensure information document regarding your specific program. Lesley University uses your "Local Address" to determine your location for licensure disclosure purposes. If you do not report a local address, we then use your "Permanent Address."

Name Changes

To report a name change, submit a Student Change of Name Form (PDF attached below) accompanied with legal documentation by submitting a ticket to the Support Hub or sending an email to 

Note: All non-immigrant students should enter their Lesley name as it appears on their passport. This will minimize name discrepancy problems when applying for USCIS or other US government benefits.

Current Students:

A name-change request must be accompanied by legal documentation, such as a court order or marriage license. The name change will be reflected on the student record, and a reference to the former name will be maintained for search purposes only.


Name changes for alumni are handled as follows, concerning transcripts and diplomas:

  • For a name change after graduation from Lesley, legal documentation must be provided.
  • The name under which the student graduated from Lesley will remain on the transcript, with the exception of a former student who has undergone gender reassignment.
  • If it’s necessary to verify your credentials for another party, we suggest you provide that party with the same name change documentation that you are providing to Lesley.
  • If you’d like an updated copy of the diploma, include with your name-change documentation a check for $50, a signed copy of the Diploma Reprint Request form (PDF attached below), and either the original diploma or a notarized statement that the original diploma has been lost or destroyed.

Your new diploma may look quite different from your original.

A statement will be included with the new diploma, indicating that it is a reissue and including the former name.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article